Welcome to the Highland Inn in Craigellachie
The Highlander Inn is in the centre of the village of Craigellachie, Speyside, the heart of Scotland’s Malt Whisky Trail.
With 8 en-suite bedrooms, whisky bar, “club room”, outdoor patio, lounge, and private, off-street parking, it truly is a great little place to stay when visiting this wonderful part of Scotland. We are open all year, and have a warm, friendly and relaxing atmosphere; a really cosy, hospitable “home from home”.
Tatsuya Minagawa, born in Japan, worked at the Highlander Inn from 2005 until 2012 and then returned in 2015 and purchased the business from Duncan Elphick in April 2015.
We are recognised as one of Scotland’s best known “Village Inns” and a truly international “hot spot” for whisky tourism.
We have been awarded Gold Bar status by the readers of Whisky Magazine and one of the top Whisky Bars in the world for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
We have a small but excellent and dedicated team of people whose aim is to ensure your stay is as comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable as possible:
- Billy Shanks from Elgin ~ Bar Manager, joined us in September 2014.
- Ella Morrison from Maggieknockater ~ Housekeeping, started in October 2010.
- Miki Minagawa from Japan ~ Housekeeping, joined us in April 2015.
- Catherine Younie from Aberlour ~ Reception and Bar, joined us in October 2017
- Scott Morrison from Craigellachie ~ Kitchen, joined us in March 2020
We also have a number of past employees who are home from university that will be rejoining our team over the summer.